Fair Organizers can send us a list of majors as part of setting up the Candidate Profile Field Options.
It's really important to do this upfront when setting up your fair, because if not, then:
- Employers can't use majors as a prerequisite field until you do, and
- Students would write their majors in their profiles themselves (free form), and potentially be locked out of booking on schedules that set major prerequisites later on
This can be very problematic once your fair opens up to candidates and employers, so it's really key to do this early on.
If your fair is the first one at your university/organization to send us a majors list to upload under the Candidate Profile Field Options, you will see the view below. You can download the template to see how to set it up.
Note: once we upload the list, the Majors List applies to all fairs taking place under your university, even if they are organized by different departments/offices.
If a list of majors has already been uploaded for another fair at your university, you will see this view, and you can download and view the current list of majors.
If you want to add majors to an existing list, you must follow these steps:
- Click 'Download Majors' to download the excel file as an existing list
- Review the list to ensure you won't be adding duplicate or repeated majors
- Add your majors as additional fields in the existing list
- DO NOT delete or modify any existing fields in the list and DO NOT start a list from scratch as this could affect other fairs at your university
- Send the updated list to us along with the name of your fair, so we can upload the revised list!
If you have any additional questions, click on the chat icon at the bottom of your screen to chat with us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!