You're attending a virtual career fair with Career Fair Plus! Whether this is your first virtual fair or not, follow this guide to ensure you're ready and set up for success!
Prior to the Virtual Fair
- Visit app.careerfairplus.com and find the institution, organization, or university hosting the fair
- Select the upcoming fair you plan to attend
- If you prefer, you can also download the Career Fair Plus app to your phone. Click here to download to iOS, or click here to download for Android
Create an account
You can start looking through the employers that will be attending your virtual fair without needing to create an account.
When you're ready to start scheduling meetings, you will need to create an account and build your profile.
Watch this video to see how:
Make sure you build a complete profile that includes your CV/resume as well as other relevant information. This is the profile employers will see when you book meetings with them, so you want to make a good impression!
As you browse the employers who will be at the virtual fair, you can schedule meetings to meet with them virtually.
- Tap on the employer you would like to meet with and then tap 'Meetings' to see the schedules they have available
- Employers may have multiple schedules; select the schedule that you're interested in
- Choose a time that works for you, and hit 'YES' to book the meeting time
If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to book meetings.
The system will not allow you to double-book yourself, nor to book back-to-back meetings. This is so that you have a buffer window in case one of your meetings overruns.
Don't forget, meetings are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, so if there is an employer you want to meet with, don't wait to book a meeting with them!
The day before the Virtual Fair
- Log into your account via the app or the web portal
- Make sure you can access your virtual meeting schedule
- Check the interaction type listed under the schedule for each of your meetings. You can view this by clicking through to the schedule, and checking under the employer name, as below:
For Schedules using Career Fair Plus's in-built Video Meeting Rooms
IMPORTANT: If the interaction type says CF Plus Video Room, the meeting will take place on our integrated video meeting platform. In this case, please click Join Meeting from one of your scheduled meetings and test that your video and microphone are working. You may need to grant/request permissions if it is the first time you are using the platform.
If you have issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Schedules without Career Fair Plus's in-built Video Meeting Rooms
Make sure you check the interaction type, so you know what to expect on the day of the fair, whether it's a phone call, or an external link (Zoom, Skype, etc). If there are additional instructions provided on the schedule for candidates, these might give further details about how you can expect the recruiter to contact you.
NOTE: You will receive an email the day before the fair with reminders about your upcoming meetings, complete with links to the video meeting rooms for your meetings. If a recruiter makes any changes from the time of that email, the platform will have the most up-to-date information.
On the day of the Virtual Fair
You're all set to go! On the day of the fair, follow these three simple steps:
- Sign in to your account via the app or the web portal
- Access your virtual meeting schedule and attend your meetings with employers, via the app, or the web (video)
- If you wish to, you may use the app to help you track your meetings and make notes
Here's a video walk-through of a virtual fair on our app using in-built video meeting rooms to help you better prepare!
Good luck for your virtual career fair!
If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com